7/04/2014

homemade lemonade


lemonade | marlee and you

Even if life isn't giving you lemons, making lemonade is always a great idea on those hot summer days! As part of my summer bucket list, I wanted to try making lemonade from scratch. The recipe itself is quite simple, but I've never had to hand juice fruit before, so it was quite the experience (and workout for my wrist)!

lemonade | marlee and you

Recipe:

1 3/4 c. Sugar
1 1/2 c. Lemon Juice
8 c. Water

Dissolve sugar in 1 cup of hot or boiling water (I microwaved my water). Stir. Add lemon juice and remaining water into a large pitcher. Stir. Serve over ice and enjoy! 


I don't mean to brag, but this was the best lemonade I've ever had! Maybe it's because it was more satisfying having made it myself, but it could also just be the fact that homemade, fresh things are always the best! Let me know if you give this recipe a try!

What's your favourite summer drink to sip on?

post signature


11 comments:

  1. Your Blog is amazing!!! I love your photos and your design

    would be amazing if you would check out my new blog post http://myroutinesjade.blogspot...

    thank you so much

    have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm definitely going to try this recipe! :)
    Hope you have a great day x

    ~~
    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, believe me or not, I've never drank lemonade before! Probably because of the taste of lemons or the fact that I've never given it a try... anyways, it's winter here (sadly) but I'm going to make this homemade lemonade for myself because I want to taste it!! I'm going to send you a photo via twitter then! ;)

    camstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks! I'll have to give this recipe a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homemade lemonade too but never had a chance to make it by myself.

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! can't wait to try this it looks so yummy!

    Gianni x
    www.giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have to try this out. I was trying to find a nice lemonade recipe and yours is so simple.
    Nice blog!

    Mary

    P.S. If you want to, then check out my blog http://crazyinlife1.blogspot.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post,hun!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooohhhh sounds absolutely delicious! I'll have to steal some lemons off of my friend's tree to try this out!

    http://livetheadventure2411.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really delicious I am on my way to the kitchen to make one myself right now! :) I really love your blog and you are super cute!!

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy! I actually made some lemonade the other day! Best summer drink :) xx

    ReplyDelete